ROAST A PIECE OF MEAT
Roasting is cooking a piece of meat, usually a good size baked with a little or no fat.
This method of cooking requires good control of oven temperatures.
- Roasting is cooking a piece of meat in the oven with a little or no fat. This method of cooking requires good control of oven temperatures.
- It is advisable to cook red meats in hot / very hot oven (200 to 250 ° C).
- Choose a dish the size of the piece of meat, neither too small nor too big. Preheat the oven with the lightly oiled baking dish, then grasp the salted meat for a few minutes in a very hot oven and continue cooking in a medium / hot oven.
- It is also possible to “mark” (grasp, color) the piece of meat on all sides in a hot pan or directly in a casserole and then continue cooking in the oven.
- Pepper the meat once sliced.