STEP 1 :
- Peel the oranges with a zester and squeeze out their juice.
- Heat the sugar, honey and water in a saucepan. Caramelize on high heat. Add the orange juice and let reduce. Add the veal stock and orange zests. Simmer for 45 minutes over low heat. Add salt and pepper.
STEP 2 :
- Meanwhile, salt and pepper the rib steak.
- Heat a large skillet with margarine. Sear the rib steak on both sides for 1 min over high heat and then cook on medium heat, 8 to 10 min on each side, basting regularly with the cooking juices.
- Let the rib steak sit for 5 minutes on each side before cutting into thick slices.
- Serve topped with orange sauce and a side of potato chips, or homemade or readymade wafers.