• Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
• Place the roast veal in a dish with a little olive oil and spread a little butter on top of the meat. Arrange the garlic cloves around with their skin around, and salt everything. Add half a glass of water.
• Cook the pink-roasted veal to the core for 45 minutes at 180 ° C and baste regularly.
• Peel the Jerusalem artichokes and cut them into large pieces. Remove the black end of the crosnes, separate the chestnuts one by one and mince the sage leaves.
• Halfway through the roast veal, add the vegetables and chestnuts all around the meat, as well as a few butter nuts and minced sage leaves. Salt and continue to sprinkle everything until the end of cooking. The vegetables will cook in the juice of the roast veal.
• Take the dish out of the oven, cover with aluminum or a sheet of baking paper and let stand for 10 minutes.
• For cranberries: slowly cook cranberries with honey, 20 g of butter and the 2 star anise to obtain a compote.
• Cut the roast veal into slices and season with fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper. Serve the vegetables in a separate bowl and the cranberry compote in a gravy boat.
Recipe text: Bravo le Veau / Flora Mikula
Photo credit: Bravo le Veau / Amélie Roche